In January 1995 at the Calvary Armenian Congregational Church Spiritual Retreat the following goals were chosen:
“The primary purpose of our Calvary Armenian Congregational Church as a Christ-centered Armenian Church is to announce Jesus as Lord and Savior and this is done through spiritual nourishment, prayer, association, and evangelism - focusing primarily on the physical and spiritual needs of the Armenian people. Preserving the Armenian heritage stands as our secondary focus.”
THE ARMENIAN EVANGELICAL CHURCH~ Declaration - Our Beliefs ~
Constantinople, Turkey July 1, 1846
- There is exists only one living and true God, who is the creator, preserver, and governor of everything.
- One God exists in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments were given by Oracle of God, and are a revelation of God's will to mankind, and are the only rule of faith.
- Humans, in general, are impoverished of holiness and under the influence of sins and deserve to face the wrath of the Lord.
- By His perfect obedience, sufferings, and death the Lord Jesus Christ showed us that he is the only Savior of all sinners. For all those who believe in Him will be surely saved from sins.
- In order to be saved from the prevalent sinful nature of man, all must be reformed by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We are justified only by the virtue of Christ, through our faith, and not by our deeds. It is important to be virtuous and do good but they alone can never be the reasons for attaining salvation before God.
- Essential evidence of a true Christian character is humility, love for God, and for others.
- No other being is to be worshiped besides, God. All three persons, of the Holy Trinity, are worthy of worship and which is acceptable only through the mediation of that of Jesus Christ.
- On the day of judgment, the dead will be resurrected and the righteous will be happy, wicked will be punished.
- A duly organized group of true Christians can establish a Church of Christ. Jesus Christ is the only Head. Baptism and communion are the sacraments of the Church.
- It is the duty of the Church to act on the Savior's command, “Go into all the world, and preach the gospel to everyone.”
Our present location: 725 Brotherhood Way San Francisco, California 94132-2902